How To Write on PDF Online?
Easy-to-use PDF software
I wrote my PhD dissertation in LaTeX, but my advisor told me it needs to be in a format other than PDF to send to my committee members. He says it is too difficult to make comments or corrections on PDF. What is the best format for a dissertation?
Your supervisor is being tough on you for some reason. He/she offers only criticism of the pdf format but no suggestion of a preferred format, which is surprising. Besides, supervisors/reviewers often review documents from multiple, non-coercible sources and know how to provide comments irrespective of format, for example, by commenting in a seperate file using text copy and line/page numbers as reference. Exploit the absence of a preferred format and bombard your supervisor with multiple formats of your thesis. - Use the great tool "pandoc" to convert your thesis to Microsoft Word and other common formats. - Place your thesis on a collaborative LaTex editor such as "sharelatex". - Build a pdf thesis with line numbers, large gutter/margin space and double line text. - Use latexdiff to produce post-review version of the pdf thesis. Hopefully, all these options combined should satisfy the thesis reviewers. Good luck!
PDF documents can be cumbersome to edit, especially when you need to change the text or sign a form. However, working with PDFs is made beyond-easy and highly productive with the right tool.
How to Write On PDF with minimal effort on your side:
- Add the document you want to edit — choose any convenient way to do so.
- Type, replace, or delete text anywhere in your PDF.
- Improve your text’s clarity by annotating it: add sticky notes, comments, or text blogs; black out or highlight the text.
- Add fillable fields (name, date, signature, formulas, etc.) to collect information or signatures from the receiving parties quickly.
- Assign each field to a specific recipient and set the filling order as you Write On PDF.
- Prevent third parties from claiming credit for your document by adding a watermark.
- Password-protect your PDF with sensitive information.
- Notarize documents online or submit your reports.
- Save the completed document in any format you need.
The solution offers a vast space for experiments. Give it a try now and see for yourself. Write On PDF with ease and take advantage of the whole suite of editing features.
Write on PDF: All You Need to Know
What I did was basically to copy/pasted the text from one .docx file into another, and then pasted my .docx extension into the .pdf extension. And that was it. In less than a minute, I was back in business! I was working like a pro. At first, I thought, “Well, at least you didn't waste two days of my life.” But then I thought “No, I'm only wasting my life for this.” That's a little too bad, but anyway, here's a picture of the finished product: How to use latex: “You can make a copy of any document in the thesis (i.e. not the summary), edit it with latex diff, and later post-review.